Rich roasted flavours couple with a deep sweetness not typically encountered in regular Hojicha. We've found the subtle, relaxing nature of this tea and its low caffeine content makes it a good choice for evenings. Karigane is higher grade Kukicha or leaf-stem tea.
○ Origin: Ujitawara-cho, Japan
○ Cultivar: mainly Yabukita
○ Harvest: Late spring 2017
○ Impressions: Grain sweetness, toasted nuts
○ Net weight: 50g
○ Servings: 10 first infusions using 4g
As with most of our teas, this tea can be steeped several times. Second infusions are usually made with slightly hotter water and about half the time. Third or fourth infusions require longer times of 90+ seconds. Please remember, these are guidelines to get you started and you may find your preference is to adjust them.