Gyokuro Suzume is made with the highest quality Ichibancha or first flush leaves, harvested after 20 to 30 days of shading under Tana canopy on farms in Uji, the birthplace of Gyokuro.
○ Origin: Ujitawara-cho, Japan
○ Cultivar: Gokou
○ Harvest: First flush spring 2017
○ Impressions: Pronounced umami, spring pea, sweet and refreshing finish, hint of roasted grain
○ Net weight: 40g
○ Tea Leaf：4g
○ Water temperature：65℃ (176℉)
○ Water amount：80ml
○ Steep duration：60 - 90 sec.
As with many of our teas, this tea can be steeped several times. Second infusions are usually made with slightly hotter water and about half the time. Third or fourth infusions require longer times of 90+ seconds. Please remember, these are guidelines to get you started and you may find your preference is to adjust them.
Ricardo Caicedo from myjapanesegreentea.com wrote a review of Gyokuro Suzume. Find him on Facebook too for excellent Japanese tea information